* 2 pork chops, trimmed
* 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (1/4 panko, 1/4 regular plain)
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 4 teaspoons canola oil
* 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
* 4 teaspoons cornstarch
* Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
* Mix breadcrumbs, sugar, paprika, onion powder and salt in a shallow dish.
* Drizzle with oil and mash with a fork until the oil is thoroughly incorporated.
* Lightly beat egg white with a fork in another shallow dish.
* Sprinkle cornstarch over the pork slices and pat to coat evenly on both sides.
* Dip the pork into the egg, then press into the breading mixture until evenly coated on both sides.
* Place the pork on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until just barely pink -14 to 16 minutes.
I like to serve with garlic cheddar mashed potatoes, which is exactly what it sounds like- one potato, one clove of minced garlic and a handful of shredded white cheddar cheese