Introduction: Google Cardboard Mods
Hello! Today I am going to show you a couple of ways to improve your Google Cardboard headset.
Step 1: Stuff You Need
Stuff you need:
- Google Cardboard
- Two rubber bands
- A sharp pencil
- A sharpie
Step 2: Making Your Headset "Hands-Free"
The problem with Google Cardboard is that you have to hold on to it while enjoying VR. It 's a little bit of a pain, so I'm going to show you how to make it hands-free.
- First, you need to mark two spots on opposite sides of the headset. They need to be in about the same place, just on opposite sides.
- Use your pencil to poke holes in the spots you marked.
- Get out your zipties. Run the longest zip tie through the left hole on your headset. Now clip on zipties to form a band slightly larger than your head.run the end of the band through the right hole. Now you need to cut off the top of a zip tie. Clip that on to the end of the band.
After all of that, your headset ought to look like the last picture. On to the next step.
Step 3: Keeping Your Phone Stable
Now you don't need to hold on to your headset to view those sweet VR videos. Now the problem is that your phone will not stay put in the headset. It keeps sliding around and falling out. You need to keep your phone stable to make your headset function in hands-free mode. Here's how you do it.
- Find two rubber bands.
- Wrap them securely around the flap of cardboard that holds your phone.
- Adjust the rubber bands so that they are the length of your phone's screen apart.
- Now put your phone in the headset. Make sure the rubber bands are not on the screen of your phone.
Now your headset is completely hands free. I hope these mods helped you out. Thanks for reading and as always, Happy Making!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.