• Current and Forecast weather information graphically displayed
• Time display from the internet, using NTP protocol
• Does not require any PC to be involved
• Indoor temperature and humidity display
• Easy to connect and assembly, only Ethernet cable and power
• Supports DHCP for network connection
• Supports both VGA screens and small 3.2" screens
• Daylight-Saving support through a user button
Some more features include change of background color between night and day for the clocks and change background color of the weather data areas depending on temperatures.
I have a newer version of this at: http://www.instructables.com/id/Weather-Underground-on-graphical-display-with-Netd/
Step 1: What is required to build this gadget?
2. 4D Systems display (uLCD-32PT) http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10089 or display adaptor (uVGA II)http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10329
3. Arduino I/O headers socket
4. 5x Jumper wires (only 4 required for operation), note the display and display adaptor have male pins and Arduino typically takes female headers.
5. 2GB or less micro-SD (only needs about 150KB)
6. Power Supply
7. Ethernet Cable
8. DHT-22 Temperature and humidity sensor (optional, only if you want indoor temp)
9. Push button (optional)
10. 2x 10K Ohm resistor (optional, only if you want indoor temp)
Also for building the gadget, you will need the following
1. FTDI board, better use 5Volts one like this http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716 one.
2. PC for programming
3. A micro-SD reader device
4. Soldering Iron