Introduction: Gorilla Pops
These tasty treats are packed with protien to keep you going strong throughout the day. They're great as a quick breakfast or a post-workout snack.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3/4 cup Nonfat, plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 creamy peanut butter
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons Ovaltine drink mix (could be substituted with any hot chocolate mix or sweetened coco powder )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener, to taste (I used agave nectar)
- Chocolate Bar for grating
- Rubber Spatula
- Popsicle mold (or paper cups and popsicle sticks)
- Grater or Microplane
This recipe makes 4, 4oz popsicles.
Step 2: Blend
Add yogurt, peanut butter, banana, vanilla extract, and Ovaltine to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick to blend, a splash of milk goes a long way.
No blender? Pre-mash the banana and simply whisk the ingredients together for a slightly more textured result.
Step 3: Optional: More Chocolate!
For some added decendance, grate in a square of your favorite chocolate and fold in with spatual. I used a Microplane for a finer texture.
Step 4: Fill Molds
Pour mixture evenly into popsicle molds and freeze for a minimum of four hours.
Step 5: Enjoy!
For easy removal, run mold under warm water and you popsicle should come right out. All that's left to do is enjoy with a friend!
My sous chef congo approved of the finished result.