I had bought this accessory pack, which includes a suction cup as well, to hold my Pocket PC on my desk, as they don't seem to sell official cradles any more. The cup would probably be fine for a smaller and lighter device, but my iPAQ 214 is rather bulky and too heavy for the cup. So, inspired by Nylanan's iPhone stand made from a hotel room key, I created this:
Step 1: Tools & materials.
* 3 or more old loyalty cards, or hotel room keys, or false credit cards that come in the post, etc. (the stiffer the better.)
* Super glue to stick the cards together (plastic glue or duck tape might work.)
* A Gorillapod with a sticky-back clip or something else to mount the cradle on (A wooden or wire frame was the next thing that came to my mind.)
* The device you want to make the cradle for (You need this to shape the cradle correctly.)
* A permanent marker (a ballpoint pen or soft pencil is the next best thing.)
* Duck tape.
* Any leads you may want to connect to the device (Chargers, sync cables, etc.)
* A file or sandpaper.
* A ruler.