Introduction: Gouda Cheese Dip
The Gouda Cheese Dip is a great appetizer for tailgates and to bring as a party favor! The dip is very simple to make and is a favorite for everybody. This recipe does not require a lot of cooking experience and makes a fast and easy appetizer for your next get together.
Follow the instructions step by step for the tasty Gouda Cheese Dip!
Step 1: Ingredients Ect.
- 1 package of Crescent Rolls
- 1 6 oz round Gouda Cheese
- Let the cheese come to room temperature before beginning recipe to allow it to melt faster when cooking
- Can also use two smaller wedges smushed together
- Baking plate in 8" diameter (a lunch size plate works well for this)
- Note: Must be able to withstand heat of oven
- Tablespoon measure
- Thin Spatula
Time to Complete: 10 minute preparation, 20 minute cooking time.
Step 2: Preparation and Dough Setup
I. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
II. Open crescent rolls package and unroll dough
- Note: Do not tear the dough apart. Leave the dough in one large piece.
III. Spread crescent roll dough in a single layer on the 8" baking dish
IV. Cut 1.5 inches off the edges of the long side of the dough that hang over the plate
- Keep the pieces!
V. Add the cut pieces to the shorter edges of the dough
- The dough adddition helps create a round shape to wrap around the Gouda Cheese
VI. Lightly press the perforations of the dough crescents and cuts together to connect the pieces.
Step 3: Prepping the Gouda Cheese and Mustard
VII. Spread 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard in the middle of the dough
- The Dijon Mustard should only be spread approximately 4 inches in diameter
VIII. Remove red wax from Gouda cheese and discard
IX. Place bare Gouda Cheese on top of Dijon mustard
X. Spread another tablespoon of Dijon mustard on top of cheese round
Step 4: Folding the Dough and Baking
XI. Fold up sides of crescent roll to completely cover the cheese, pinching ends together, moving in a circular direction
- Note: if the crescent roll is stuck to the bottom of the plate, use a thin spatula to assist in lifting the dough onto the Gouda cheese
XII. Bake in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes
- Note: If cheese is not fully melted in the middle, you may need to microwave it in 20-30 second intervals until melted.
Step 5: The Results!
Cut and Serve with crackers if desired and Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.