Tip: If you want something to be fancy or classy, it's gotta be in black and white.
Step 1: What You Need
- Black and White Paper
- Greeting Card
- Sticky Squares and/or glue
- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Pen Attachment or Pen
Step 2: Design
I got a graduation cap silhouette and copy and pasted it flipped and turned and then just copied and pasted this over and over covering a full 4 by 5.5 rectangle. (Photos 1-5)
Once that is ready, you can get the other piece.
First, we are going to have a white piece to write on and then a black piece to frame it. Using a 4 by 5.5 inch rectangle, decide how big these rectangles are going to be (Photo6)
Taking a silhouette of a diploma and copy and flip the duplicate. Lastly, type out what you want.
When you go to cut, everything needs to be separated from each other, except the text and the smallest rectangle if you have the pen attachment.
- 1 - 4 by 5.5 inch rectangle to be cut out in black
- 1 - 4 by 5.5 inch rectangle with graduation caps to be cut out in white
- 1 - 4 by 3 inch rectangle to be cut out in black
- 1 - 3.5 by 2.5 inch (white paper) rectangle with text, use pen attachment with text and then cut out before ejecting mat.
- 2 - diplomas to be cut out in black (don't worry about the little pieces cut out, you can throw those away)
Step 3: Assemble
First take your big black rectangle and big white cap cut out rectangle. Glue these together.
Next take our smaller black rectangle, white rectangle, and the two diplomas. Stick the diplomas to the white card (with your text) however you want. Now stick that rectangle right in the center of the black one.
You have your pieces, now to make your choice.
Step 4: Choices
I took the congratulations part and put it right on the front of the card. You can also leave the card the way it is and stick the congratulations part inside the card.