These are some of grandmother's home remedies from the kitchen shelf and the backyard. Hope you will find them useful.
Step 1: Burning Urination
A simple remedy by grandmother for burning urination is to make us drink glasses of hot water...!!!
Boil water and drink one or two glasses of hot water. The water can be as hot as possible to drink like coffee or tea. Within five to ten minutes you will find relief from burning urination
Step 2: Cough
- Take a piece of ginger and remove the skin
- Extract the juice using a mixer grinder
- Leave this extract undisturbed for about ten to fifteen minutes
- Drain out the juice.
- You will find a white paste-like deposit at the bottom. Discard this deposit
- Mix a spoonful of honey (or sugar) and drink
Step 3: Stomach Upset
Step 4: Acidity and Gas Problem
What you need
- Half a fresh lemon
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- Salt to taste (optional)
- One glass of drinking water
Squeeze out the juice from the lemon. Add salt and lemon juice to the glass of water. Add one teaspoon of baking soda, stir and drink the bubbling water immediately.
Step 5: Bruises and Cuts
Step 6: Sore Throat
Step 7: Ear Ache
Step 8: Ear Infection
Step 9: Kidney Stone
Drinking this juice is a sure remedy for kidney stones. You can add a little bit of salt if you feel like.
Step 10: Bee Stings
- Simply remove the bee and let it fly away (anyhow it will die after stinging)
- The bee's stinger will remain in the area where you are stung
- Do not press. Just pull out the stinger. You can use a nail cutter or a needle
- You will find little swelling in the area
- Cut an onion into half
- Rub over the area where you got stung
You will get relief shortly.
Step 11: Puffy Eyes
Step 12: Lice Problem
- Collect custard apple seeds
- Crush them into a powder. It is very difficult to make a fine powder of the dried seeds.
- Add little water and make a workable paste
- Apply this paste on your hair before going to bed
- Wash thoroughly in the morning
- Three to four applications of this paste will get rid of all lice from the hair.
A word of caution here...
Custard apple is a very tasty fruit, but the seeds are toxic. So, take care to cleanly wash all equipment you have used to make the paste. Also take care not to get this paste in your eyes or mouth.
Step 13: Blocked Nose
- Take a grain of black pepper and insert a needle in it
- Hold the black pepper over flame
- Inhale the pepper smoke
- Your nose blockage will be cleared instantly
Take necessary treatment for the ailment you are suffering from which caused the nasal congestion.
Step 14: Diarrhea
How to make buttermilk
- Take one cup of curd and add equal amount of water
- Beat the mixture well in a mixer grinder. Do not over do, or the butter will melt
- Remove the butter from the top
- Butter milk is ready
- Take a Teaspoon of cumin seeds and lightly roast them
- Powder the roasted cumin seeds
Drink roasted cumin seed powder with buttermilk. You can drink as much buttermilk as you like. It will make up for dehydration. You can also add sugar or salt to your own taste.
Step 15: Indigestion
Take about half a teaspoon of asafoetida powder, mix with one glass of water and drink. This will solve the indigestion problem.
Take light food only. Normally we used to take Rice Kanji (Homemade Rice Cereal) when we are suffering from stomach problems.