Introduction: Granny's Waffles
This is the recipe from my husband’s grandmother. This recipe is so good & a real winner! x
The waffle mix is put into the fridge for at least 5 hours. Afterwords, you can make little balls with your hands & bake them until they turn golden. This will take about 2 minutes & 20 seconds on our waffle machine. When cold, these are waffles that are a bit hard on the outside, but lovely tender at the inside!
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients!
Recipe: For 32 square waffles
400 gr sugar
400 gr baking margarine
6 eggs, left whole
3 sachet of vanilla sugar
700 gr of self – raising flour
Step 2: Method!
1. Turn a heat on medium. Take a little cooking pot & add the margarine.
2. Let it melt. Do not let the margarine bubble! Take off the heat. Turn the heat off.
3. Pour margarine in a large bowl or in your Kenwood bowl.
4. Add the sugar & vanilla sugar. Mix well with the K-paddle or whisk from your Kenwood.
5. One for one, add the eggs. Mix well.
6. Then, gradually, add the flour. Whisk or mix well!!! You do not want to have any lumps!!! This is very important!
7. When the dough is okey & well mixed, put cling film over the top & place into the fridge for at least 5 hours or longer!
8. After 5 hours, take the dough out of the fridge & make little balls with your hands. One little ball per waffle. Roll them in some flour or bake them right away!
9. Preheat your waffle machine according to the instructions! The waffle baking time depends from machine to machine! With ours, it took 2 minutes & 20 seconds per /2 waffles! We turned our machine on 4,5.
10. Leave to cool on a wire rack! 11. When cold, they are hard & a bit dry on the outside & lovely on the inside! This is what it’s all about! The real granny waffles! Enjoy!
You also can find it here on my blog: http://sophiesfoodiefiles.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/grannys-waffles/