Introduction: Graphical Calculator Using Arduino
Today i have something new to show you. As earlier mention in the title i designed a ELECTRONIC CALCULATOR using Arduino uno and 2.4" TFT Lcd Display Shield.
Step 1: Hardware Gathering
Buy Arduino UNO and 2.4" tft lcd display shield from online or nearest electronics shops.
Connect them as shown in figure
Step 2: Construction
The system is build around arduino uno r3 microcontroller and 2.4" tft lcd shield. The shield is designed in such way that no connection error will occur. Arduino uno can be powers by 9v or 12v adapted or USB cable. on board 3.3v regulator is available on LCD shield. LCD shield gets 5v supply from arduino and convert it into 3.3v using regulator ic 1117-3.3. further this supply is given to the LCD. LCD consist of 2.4" resistive touch pad which use as input device for the system.The LCD is interfaced to arduino with 8 bit data bus and 5 bit control bus. this control bus is connect to 5 analg pins of arduino and data bus is connected to digital i/o pins. Touch pad is also interface with this bus . Alternatively the touch pad and lcd is accessed through microcontroller. Reset switch is available on tft lcd shield.
Step 3: Actual Working
The system support most of mathematical operations and also it supports the logical operations also which further more helpful for programmer. it supports ADDITION,MULTIPLICATION,SUBTRACTION, and DIVISION. However it is possible to perform Logical OR and Logical AND operation. All operations are perform on decimal number and results are also printed in decimal number except that the OR ,AND operation produce the result in Binary. Apart from this calculator can be used to obtain percentage and power of given number. It also calculate Modular of given number. Delete button is present there to delete the incorrect digit or sign pressed by the user. The best feature which attract me towards this calculator is that it can produce, BINARY, HEX, OCTAL representation of given decimal number. Special buttons are given to select appropriate operator. Some pictures of working module is shown below.
Step 4: Advantages
- it consumes low power and less space.Its also gives negative answer.
- percentages is shown accurately up-to two digit after decimal point.
- No use of analog keys,for input purpose ,which saves the hardware .
- Each and every button animates after pressing it.
- It capable to print data to any serial device easily.
Step 5: Limitations
- It can perform operation on maximum 6 digit numbers individually.
- 32767 this is last number which can converted into its equivalent HEX,BINARY or OCTAL number.
- any answer which contents more than 10 digit will likely to be wrong.
- At a time only one operation can be perform.
- Its not possible to use brackets "()" in this calculator.