Introduction: Grass Jelly Drink
Grass jelly is a brown-black jelly made from an herbaceous plant, Mesona Chinensis, which is largely found in Southern China. Grass jelly is also known as xian cao (仙草), chin chow or divine grass. It is a popular dessert in East Asia, normally eaten in jelly form or drunk as a beverage. Since it has a slight bitter taste, it is usually eaten with some syrup.
Benefits of Grass Jelly
- Grass jelly very well taken by all ages. This material is very rich in minerals, especially calcium and phosphorus.
- Grass jelly also good, especially for people who are on a diet because it is low in calories but high in fiber.
- Grass jelly believed to relieve heartburn, constipation, abdominal bloating, fever and diarrhea.
- Grass jelly leaf fibers useful for cleaning the digestive organs of cancer-causing carcinogens.
- Leaves of green grass jelly containing compound dimethyl – 1 dimetoidida Kurin. This substance is useful to relax the muscles.
- Other compounds such as isokandrodendrin believed to prevent the malignant tumor cells.
- Grass jelly also contains alkaloids bisbenzilsokuinolin and S, S – tetandrin are efficacious in preventing kidney cancer, anti-inflammatory and lowers high blood pressure.
- Consuming leaves of grass jelly can treat several diseases including Vertigo diseases, digestive tract, hypertension and cholesterol. Chronic gastritis can also be treated with this herb origin routine.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Grass jelly
- A jug of cold water
- Optional : milk or soy drink (for those who has lactose intolerance)
- Vege cutter
- Steel pot
Step 2: The Process
- Firstly, I chop the grass jelly into small pieces.
- Then, I put the chopped jelly in glass and add water.
- Next, I add honey to sweeten it.
- I let it sit at least 10 minutes so that the jelly infuse the water (better put it in the refrigerator).
You can substitute water with milk or soy drink.
Please don't forget to vote for me.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.