We live in Georgia and haven't seen any snow yet...
So my neighbor came up with this brilliant idea: grab a skateboard deck and head for the hills - literally - and thus, Grass Surfing was born.
This instructable will show you the art and sport that is Grass Surfing.
Step 1: What You Need
1) A Skateboard Deck you can just take the trucks off an old skateboard, or get a cheap skateboard from WalMart and take the trucks off, or, if you plan on being a real hardcore Grass Surfer, you can even buy a brand spankin' new fancy deck from your local skate shop.
2) Grass this can typically be found growing almost anywhere, such as your yard. The best kind is the variety which makes its home on a hill, a prime location sought by professional grass surfers and amateurs alike.
3) A Basic Sense of Skateboarding If you don't know much about skateboarding stance, check this instructable out: How to Skateboard (Step 2)
Step 2: Now You're Ready
2. Place your board so that it is facing directly downhill, and push off.
3. Let gravity do the rest.
4. When you're real skilled like me, you can even invent your own tricks.
And of course, the most important thing is to just go out there and have fun shredding grass and getting air, err, ground.
So get out there, have fun, and good luck!