Step 1: Gather Ingredients
- 4-6 medium green chillies, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 5cm/2in piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- small bunch of fresh coriander, stalks and roots attached if possible
- 2 lemongrass stalks, chopped (if unavailable, use 2 tbsp dried)
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces (if unavailable, use the grated zest of 1 extra lime)
- 2.5cm/1in piece galangal, peeled and chopped (if available)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Step 2: Blend It
Step 3: Tips!
This serving holds enough for a spicy dish for 8.
Can be stored in sealed container, refrigerated, for 3 weeks.