Introduction: Green Peas With Raw Mango and Grated Coconut
Green Peas with Raw Mango and Grated Coconut is a vegetarian dish served as main course. It is very simple to make and tastes real good. It takes about 45 minutes including all preparatory works required to make this dish.
Please see the instructions below on how to make Green Peas with Raw Mango and Grated Coconut
Step 1: Main Ingredients
- About 250 grams of Green peas with pods. This will give us about 125 grams of green peas after removing the seed pods
- One Raw Mango. We need about one cup of grated mango. You can use the rest in any other way you like.
- Coconut meat from 1/3rd of a coconut
Step 2: Boil Green Peas
- Remove the Green peas from the seed pods. The green peas from 250 grams of pods weigh about 125 grams
- Boil the green peas over medium flame till they become soft. It will not take much time
- Once the water starts boiling, add salt to taste and continue boiling
- When the Green peas are cooked soft, remove from stove and drain out water using a strainer
Step 3: Grate Raw Mango
- Cut both ends of the raw mango and peel off the skin
- Using a grater, grate about one cup of mango and keep aside. You can cut the remaining into pieces, add salt and red chilli powder and use it as instant pickle
Step 4: Grate Coconut
- Place the coconut meat in a mixer grinder and grate
- Remove the grated coconut from the mixer jar and keep aside (About one cup)
Step 5: Preparation Step 1
- In a flat frying pan, add about 2 tablespoon of oil and keep over medium flame
- When the oil is heated, add a teaspoon of mustard seeds mixed with split Black-gram Lentils
- Once mustard seeds start to crack, break a dried red chilli into pieces and add to the oil
Step 6: Preparation Step 2
- Add the boiled green peas to the pan and saute till water content evaporates from peas
- Add the grated raw mango to the peas in the pan and mix well
- Once the grated raw mango is properly mixed, add the grated coconut to the pan
- Cook over medium flame till grated coconut roasts to a light golden brown
Step 7: Finish and Serve
- Transfer the finished dish from the frying pan to a serving bowl
The Green peas cooked with grated mango and coconut tastes very nice. You can serve the dish as one of the main course with lunch. You can also use it as stuffing for other food like Masala Dosai and Samosa to have a different and wonderful taste
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.