My cheap and easy version of decoupage.
With limited and very accessible resources, I am presenting a project worth sharing.
Step 1: Materials used
1. Plastic bottle (label removed, clean, and dry)
2. Some colored paper
3. Water (approximately 60 ml)
4. Paper glue or all-purpose white glue
5. ordinary plastic tape
6. Double-sided tape
8. Cutter (or X-acto knife)
Step 2: Basic Parts
2. Cut top portion of the bottle (this will define the size of your piggy bank)
3. Cut the bottom part
4. Obtain a plastic strip from the scrap about 1 cm in width and 2 rounded pieces of what would be the ears. Shown here are the basic parts you have to prepare.
Step 3: Forming the body
2. Make a slit opening where you would drop your coins into
3. Attach the base of the bottle using plastic tape. Secure it well
4. Make a ring about 3 inches in diameter out of the plastic strip you prepared earlier as shown in the photo
5. Attach the ring to the other side of the bottle opposite to the slit opening you just created