Introduction: Green and Gold Leprechaun Trap
My 6yr old daughter has really been wanting to make something for an instructable and enter it in a contest. So when she came home last week with a project assignment from school to build a leprechaun trap I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for her to try out her instructable skills. She was told that leprechauns are wee little fellows that are attracted to very shinny things. So we raided the house and took a trip to the dollar store. Together I think we accomplished a great little leprechaun trap. Maybe this will inspire your kiddos into making a trap and seeing if they are able to snatch an infamous Leprechaun!
Step 1: Materials
- 1 gold foil folding present box
- some st. pattys day garland
- Rolos for our gold to lure them in
- some yellow easter grass to make a nice soft bed for them
- some green bows
- a hot glue gun
- a little girl with a big imagination
Step 2: Assembly
First we filled the box with the yellow Easter grass and topped it off with our Rolos or fake gold as we refer to them. Because we all know leprechauns love gold! We started cutting pieces of the garland to make little curly dangling strands to hand off the edge of the box. We wanted to disguise the box and make it look inviting for leprechauns. We used a hot glue gun to attach them. Then we used some green bows and stuck them on the box to further hide the box. and then we were done. We now had our trap!
Step 3: How to Use the Trap
- First the leprechauns will be attracted to the "gold pieces" inside and climb in
- When they climb in then you will simply push down on the top of the box and it will fold nicely into a lid and shut the box
- Now you have a fully functioning Leprechaun trap
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.