Basicly you simply modify a used plastic peanut butter jar to hold a plant of your choice.
The green aspect?
1. You have a plant and you are keeping it alive, thats what green is all about right?
2. You are reusing a plastic bottle so if 1 isn't green enough for you this should be.
Don't forget to rate and vote !
Now lets get on to the building
Step 1: What you need.
1. A jar of peanut butter
2. You will get here after you and some friends or family decides to eat all
3. You need some soil for the plant
4. Obviously you need the plant itself (i chose what i think is a jade)
5. Some rocks
6. Either a nail or a drill
Step 2: Prepping the Jar
So now with you drill or nail you must make four holes or more in the bottom (sorry i didn't get a pic), and then you need to make four holes in the side that are high enough to be above your planned soil level.
Your jar should now be ready for potting.
Step 3: Adding your soil and drainage system.
Firstly you will need to choose a good drainage system so that you don't drown your plant every time you water it. Two great drainage systems to choose from would be: a) a layer of rocks, or b) a coffee filter. both of these will allow water to drain, through the holes you put in the bottom, but they will not let the soil fall through.
Next just add soil in your jar and make sure it is not covering the air holes. After you added your soil to a reasonable depth pack it down so that it is firm, and then dig out a hole for your plant.