Introduction: Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
This instructable is an easy-to-follow recipe for a special kind of jalapeño popper that's called a firecracker around here. I usually make a couple dozen at once for cook-outs but today it's just me and my girl at home so we're just going to make six for a dinner appetizer.
3 jalapeño peppers
1 package cream cheese
1 package of bacon
barbecue sauce (your favorite sauce will do but we prefer Blues Hog - http://blueshog.com)
Step 1: Prep the Peppers
1. Cut off the top of our jalapeños.
2. Halve the peppers lengthwise.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out the seed and connective membrane of the peppers. This will eliminate much of the heat,leaving you with just a little burn and the lovely flavor of the pepper itself.
Step 2: Stuff It!
4. Use a spoon to fill the pepper cavity with cream cheese.
5. Wrap a piece of thinly-cut bacon around the top end of the pepper and werap it back around again on itself, locking the bacon in place.
6. Keep wrapping until the pepper is completely covered in bacon. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon.
Step 3: Cook and Serve
7. Pour a small amount of barbecue sauce in the bottom of a dish and place your pepper in the dish. Repeat with all the peppers and then baste the tops of the peppers with sauce as well. Place the dish in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Wash your hands thoroughly.
8. Place peppers on the grill and check every few minutes to prevent burning. Your cook time will depend on your grill, grilling method, cooking temperature and number of peppers being cooked.
9. Once the bacon has crisped evenly and shows nice color remove from the grill and let cool for a few minutes before serving with a side of extra sauce for dipping.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.