This was a cooking experiment on our Maine vacation. We had boiled
lobsters, made lobster rolls
, and a tasty sauce
for them, and then we decided to try grilling the little monsters.
Well . . . it was okay. It was partially ruined by the grill giving off propane stank and partially ruined by the lobster meat wanting to fall out of the split lobster. These things could be easily avoided and I'll offer suggests on how to do so.
We haven't used propane in years because our house has a natural gas line hook up for our grill. Does anyone have experience with propane giving food an unpleasant gassiness? The cottage we rented also had a propane oven that gave off some strong fumes when it ran. The cooktop was fine, but the oven would make your eyes water. The food from the grill wasn't overwhelmed by the smell, but you could definitely tell it was cooked over gas and the last thing you want during a meal is thinking about hydrocarbons and sulfurous additives.
But overall I am thankful for dead things giving us their flammable gases.