Step 1: What you'll need
2. Grip tape. I got a piece 3'x1' at my local skate shop for around $5.
3. Scissors, trauma shears work best, but any will do (warning, cutting the grip tape can scratch them)
4. Some kind of craft knife. (yellow thing in the picture)
5. Not necessary, but makes it a lot easier. Screwdrivers to dismantle the knife. If your doing an Emerson you'll need a small/mid sized flat head screw driver and a #0 Phillips head screwdriver.
If you decide to partially dismantle the knife keep in mind that most manufactures say that taking the knife apart voids the warranty (Emerson dose not) so keep that in mind.
6. Not in picture, fine point sharpie or ball point pen.
Step 2: De-scale the knife
Once the scale is off, set the screws and the rest of the knife aside till your done.
Step 3: Tracing is fun
2. Flip the scale upside down and lay it on the back of the grip tape (pic 2)
3. When you have the tape about where you are gonna want it trace the out line of the scale in the back of the tape (pic 3)
4. if you want the front part of the tape to have rounded look, then find a round object of the right size and trace the round (pic 4&5) The bottle I used is Militec-1, the best lube i have found yet for folders.