I love avocados and growing things, and found this to be a fun, simple way to grow beautiful-looking plants from the stones (pits) left over from making guacamole or avocado dip. It takes a while for a stone to grow into a tree, but you’ll have a beautiful houseplant pretty quickly.
There are two ways to start out your seeds:
- Perched over a cup of water (like the photo demonstrates)
- In dirt / soil (which grows faster than the water method)
- Avocado seeds, rinsed from your last avocado meal
- Toothpicks and jars for the water method
- Dirt, gravel, and pots, trays, or garden space