1/3 cup Guava juice & Ciroc Red Berry Vodka (proportion how you please)
2 packs (4 grams) Sodium Alginate
1/2 pack (1 gram) Calcium Lactate
3 drops red food coloring
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 ¼ cup water and 4 grams of Sodium Alginate. Use the hand blender and mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil, and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of the sodium alginate syrup and stir in the guava juice/vodka mix. Mix well. (I added a few drops of red food coloring for added color, but feel free to leave out.)
- In a separate bowl combine 2 cups water and 1 gram of Calcium Lactate. Mix well. (Referred to as calcium bath)
- With a pipette, suck up the Guava Vodka mix and squeeze drops into calcium bath.
- Once the droplets have sank to the bottom, stir with the bored spoon (the one with holes) and scoop out beads. (The caviar beads I made were too small and clogged the spoon initially, so I collected with a strainer.)