Here are some recent industry statistics:
- 91% of all people on earth have a mobile phone
- 56% of people own a smart phone
- 50% of mobile phone users, use mobile as their primary Internet source
- 80% of time on mobile is spent inside apps
- 72% of tablet owners purchase online from their tablets each week
There are a lot of opportunities for people to start to create and publish apps as a part time job from their home. The costs to start in the app industry are relatively low.
These are the hardware and programs you need to enroll on to begin publishing iPhone and iPad apps on iTunes.
- $99/year Apple developer license
- Macbook – second hand is fine once it is quite recent
- iPhone or iPad – again second hand is fine
- Approx. $500 to create your first app.
This guide will walk you through the steps required to make and publish your first iPhone app.