I always wanted to get a gun lamp from
But it's way too pricey for me. so I decided to make one.
Step 1: PREP
What you need in this project:
IKEA Lampan lamp
IKEA Jara lamp shade
plastic toy gun (hollow type)
gold spray paint, hot-glue gun, card board, scissors, saw, light bulb.
Step 2: SPRAY IT
1. Dismantle / unscrew your toy gun, lay the pieces flat, spray it into any colour you want.
2. Spray paint it for at least 2 coats, make sure you wait till it's completely dry.
Step 3: ASSEMBLE
1. Cut the LAMPAN lamp leg by saw in certain angle so the gun will stand up straight (depends on the shape/angle of toy gun's bottom part that you get) , lamp leg has to be cut low for the gun lamp stability. (Spray paint it too!)
(in my case, my lamp was broken, so i just trim the edge)
2. Bring the lamp head thru the LAMPAN leg hole in the middle.
3. Place the lamp wire inside one side of the toy gun, use hot-glue to secure it in place, make sure the wire is nicely placed so that you still able to screw them up when you close the other side of the gun.
4. Cut a small hole at the bottom of toy gun so that the wire can go thru it, join and screw the toy gun.
5. Hot-glue the toy gun with the lamp leg.
Step 4: FINAL TOUCH UP
1. I added cardboard below the leg to hide the switch, and you can add some weight underneath too, so the lamp will stand steadily. just measure around bottom circle and cut the cardboard around 4.5cm height in a strip, let it be 1 cm shorter than the circle so that you have space to bring out the wire.
2. Hot-glue the card board strip edge circular inside of the circle so the support is stronger.
3. Spray paint and touch up the whole thing again before you put on the shade, cover all the imperpections especially the leaked hot-glued at the joining part, make it whole-solid-colour looking.
4. NOTICE that Lampan lamp shade became pot for my plants, just heat up your screw-driver with lighter, poke some holes, then hot-glue 4 pieces of tiny pot-feet to it!
Nothing go to waste!
Step 5: DONE!
Put your light bulb and lamp shade on, bang bang!
(in case the lamp shade you have don't fit well or loose fitting, you can always hot-glue around the lamp head part to make it bolder or thicker so the lampshade will fit in nicely.)