Step 2: MAKING THE PRINTS
First you will need to make a set of plaster hand prints. These will act as your mold for the soaps.
1. Using about 2 cups of plaster in a disposable container (or more depending on the size of your mold) mix in enough water until it becomes about the consistency of pudding.
2. Pour the mixed plaster into the disposable container you've selected for your prints mold & gentle tap & shake to smooth it & settle out any air bubbles.
3. Wait about 5 minutes for it to set up a little more & test it with your finger tip. (The plaster should hold the imprint of your finger but not require a lot of pressure)
4. Once the plaster is set enough press the child's hand into the plaster & hold it in that position for about 15 seconds.
5. Remove the child's hand & if your are satisfied with it you can clean them off & send them on their merry way. Then let the prints dry for about 30 minutes. If you are not satisfied with it, you can "erase" the print by once again shaking and taping the container, then try to make the prints again. (This is where the child's patients may play a role)