This Hidden kitchen Lid Aid is based on Jayefuu's excellent two lid holster instructable.
I had to make very quickly ( while my wife went dog walking with a friend ) and still be
completely removable in case of here unappreciative response
While I am not moving out soon, if ever.
I have a wonderful wife and It is she,
who will decide IF this pan lid hanger is a good idea for her kitchen.
For me it is the fun and simplicity of making this lid cradle hanger
which was done faster then the time spent to take pictures documenting it.
Step 1: Step 1: Material and Tools
- a screwdriver
- a pair of small pliers
- a solid metal block
- an old rotary tool grinder
- a metal cutting disc
- a single length of 3/32" iron welding rod
Step 2: Step 2: Hang it Up .. Right
1. After hand bending the the center Rod dip.
( See First Picture )
2. Use the pliers to make the eye loop for the lower 6-32 cabinet handle screw.
( See Second Picture )
3. A best estimate for length dimensions based on the cabinet door will do,
worst case start another Rod or straighten and re bend the Rod.
4. The metal cutting disc works very well to trim the Rod to a clean end.
( Look Close at Picture )
5. Attach the Rod eye to the lower cabinet handle screw.
( Last Two Pictures )