Introduction: STYLISH RECIPE AND SERVING OF SALSA VERDE
Hi dear visitors of my page and viewers of my YouTube Channel !
Today, I want to introduce you to a very popular salad among people with Latino origin! Nowadays it is also considered one of the most favorite salads in the U.S.! I will also show you how to serve it with a style!
Step 1: INGREDIENTS NEEDED
The ingredients that you need to find in your city grocery stores or supermarkets are:
1. Mexican hot small green Chili peppers(1-2 only for 4 servings) 2. Tomatillo (this is a type of vegetable /berry that is from the family of gooseberries: looks like a green tomato without it's skin and looks like a large and green gooseberry with its skin) 3. one whole red onion 4. one large Avocado 5. about 15 stems with cilantro leaves 6. one medium-sized lemon 7. some Salt and red paprika (sweet red pepper powder)
Step 2: BARBECUING AND CUTTING
1. After you have bought and washed all the veggies, start barbecuing the chili pepper (I choose to do it on a gas stove: watch the video for the details) and then placing it into a plastic bag to cool down.
2. While the pepper is cooling down and getting soft and ready to be peeled from the burned skin, start cutting the tomatillo, the onion and the cilantro (leave the avocado for the last minute)
3. Then take out the pepper from the bag and peel and cut it into small pieces (usually, Latinos like blending everything together, but I prefer taking out the hot seedy part of the pepper.)
NOTE: You should stay away from eating hot peppers if you have stomach, kidney, liver or goal-bladder problems or if you have any allergies and a high blood pressure.
4. At the last minute cut the avocado into two even slices and spoon out the insides by leaving the avocado skin undamaged (you will need these two parts later). Now sprinkle the cut pieces with some lemon juice, so it doesn't change its color into brown.
Step 3: MIXING AND PREPARING TO SERVE
Now mix everything together in a salad bowl. Add some salt, red paprika (re pepper powder) and you may also add some lemon or lime juice on top. You may either serve fresh or put your salsa into fridge for a later use!
Step 4: SERVE WITH a STYLE
I like serving Salsa Verde with potato chips that remind me of sunflower leaves :) (Please check the video to see what I mean).
If you make the salsa for 2 people, you may use the previously cut and saved two parts of the avocado skin as a "serving plate". Yep, I place the salsa into the avocado skin and place one-two cilantro leaves on top. If you want to serve more than 3 guests, you may borrow my first version, which is the "Sunflower look"!
BON APPETITE EVERYBODY!
By the way, please check out my YouTube channel for more Recipes as well as interesting DIY projects.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLM5aZ53GyeborS...
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.