Introduction: HUNGRY ROBOT - Eating Robot! (3D PRINTER, ARDUINO, SENSOR, SERVO)
I really love to make use-for-nothing robots such as Drinky (Drinking buddy robot). I want to make a robot for emotional purpose not for functional. This is fun, makes smile and feels good.
This robot is also one of useless robot but, I'd like to make a funny robot! There are many coin-eating robots (Robie). I'm going to make it by using 3d printer and an Arduino. All source code and 3d printing modeling files are opensource. Feel free to make it by yourselves.
Step 1: Step 1: OVERALL INFORMATION
[ Instruction ]
- Source Code https://github.com/happythingsmaker/TrashEatingRo...
- 3D printing files https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2824451
[ About the maker ]
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/happythingsmaker/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/happyThingsMaker/
- Youtube http://www.youtube.com/EunchanPark
[ Parts ]
- 1 x Arduino Nano https://goo.gl/3ky4yn
- 1 x Distance sensor https://goo.gl/x1FTJU
- 1 x Servo Motor https://goo.gl/PpKAQ8
- 2 x Toy eye balls https://goo.gl/9epa5N
- 1 Pack x Cable tie https://goo.gl/ysKsHs
- 3 Dupont cable (F-F) https://goo.gl/eUyPVr
- 2 x Screw (2 * 8mm) https://goo.gl/TeFyee
- 2 x Screw (including MG90s motor)
- 1 x Blu tack http://amzn.to/2HyT07l
[ Tools ]
- 3d printer (Anet A8) https://goo.gl/XY4Lgw
- Filament for 3d print (PLA 1.75mm) https://goo.gl/gAKzTt
- Wire Nipper https://goo.gl/L9pQQN
- Wire Stipper https://goo.gl/qKXKwJ
- Hot melt glue gun https://goo.gl/z67NkU
- Screw Driver (+) https://goo.gl/6ojbgb
- Electronic Tape https://goo.gl/fJC7yv
- Soldering Tools(Hakko) https://goo.gl/ojZUkF
- Soldering Hand https://goo.gl/UjNFYm
Step 2: ARDUINO PARTS
Install Arduino IDE
Install CH340 Driver (for Chinese version)
DOWNLOAD - source code
Select board / Processor / Com port
- Select Arduino Nano ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)
plug your arduino nano
find / select emerging com port
Hit the upload button
Step 3: 3D PRINTING PARTS
Download 3d modeling files from Thingiverse
Print all parts one by one
- Brim setting needs at least 1 mm
Step 4: CIRCUIT PART
In this circuit, all parts are connected with Female - Female Dupont Cable. In order to save space in the robot, we need to cut and re-wire manually.
A servo motor uses 3 pins. Vcc and GND is essential. A PWM pin must be allocated with the servo motor. In this project, pin 13 is used.
The sensor is an infrared sensor. The sensor uses 3 wires as well. In order to read distance from an object, the arduino neeeds to read an analog input. In this project, A7 pin is allocated.
Step 5: Prepare F-F Cable and the Sensor
In this circuit, all parts are connected with female-female Dupont cable.
Step 6: Cut the Wire
in order to save space in the robot we need to cut and rewire manually.
This sensor is an infrared sensor The sensor uses three wires.
in order to read distance from an object, the Arduino needs to read analog signal from this sensor.
we are going to use pin A7 for obtaining the sensor value
Step 7: Strip the Cable End by Using a Stripper
Step 8: Twist Wires and Finish With the Tape
Step 9: Wiring the Servo Motor
A servo motor uses three pins. VCC ground and PWM.
A pwm pin from the Arduino must be allocated with the servo motor. In this project we are going to use pin 13.
Step 10: Making Arms
The black one is a horn from servo motor. We need to use the screwdriver and screw bolt.
Step 11: Put the Small Part Behind of the Motor
Step 12: Put the Motor Inside of the Body
and fix the motor with the body.
Step 13: Put the Sensor Into the Body and Make Sure the Direction
Step 14: Assemble the Basket Part
Step 15: Put the Part in Front of the Body
Use the cable tie from inside to outside.
Step 16: Put the Cable Tie Through the Hole.
Step 17: Use One More Cable Tie.
cut the rest of cable tie. it's very simple you don't need to use bolt anymore.
Step 18: The Head Part
I'm gonna assemble the head part in the same way.
Put the cable tie through the hole and use one more cable tie.
Check the head moves well. Cut the rest of them
Step 19: Assemble the Link Part
This part is most important part. This is a link and it links from head to body. Assemble them together in same way. Try some move
Step 20: Connecting the Wires
Make sure the color, location and pin numbers
Step 21: Connect Them on the Arduino
make sure the colors
Step 22: Put the Arduino in the Body and Plug the USB Cable
And then, assemble the cover
Step 23: Attaching the Eye Balls
I used Blu Tack
Step 24: DONE!!!
This is full - long - take video (*just in case)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.