Introduction: Halloween Dragon Cake
This is a fun creative cake for any age, great for birthdays and Halloween!
• 200g Caster sugar
• 200g Softened butter
• 200g Self-raisin flour
• 4 Medium egg
• 1 tsp Baking powder
• 2 tbsp Milk
• 100g Softened butter
• 140g Icing sugar
• Red and yellow food dye or orange (if you have it)
• 75g Strawberry jam
• 4 Chocolate drops
• Electric whisk
• A bowl
• A bread knife
• 2 round cake tins
• A table spoon
Step 1: Sponge Cake
• First preheat your oven to gas mark 5.
• Now mix all of your ingredients together using the electric whisk on medium power.
• Next cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Step 2: Orange Icing
• Now it's time to make your butter icing, first mix your butter and icing sugar together. Once the mixture becomes crumbly add 2tsp water and carry on whisking.
• When you have a nice thick, creamy icing add 3 cap fulls of yellow and then 1 cap full of red (if you have orange just do 2 cap fulls of orange).
Step 3: Cake Layers
• First cut a trapezium shape from both of the layers.
• Next use the cut off sections to creat a shape that will represent the eyes (follow pictures above)
• Then create the built up shape of the head (shown in the pictures).
Step 4: Finishing
• First use two of your toothpicks to hold the eyes in place (I found this a lot easier for icing the cake).
• Use your next two toothpicks to put in the teeth/marshmallows, because some of the toothpick will be visible you can use this to create nostrils.
• Then ice your cake and use your jam to fill the mouth of the dragon.
• Now add in your chocolate drops for the eyes and nostrils!
Step 5: Finished!
Thank you for following this guide on how to make a Halloween dragon cake.
Please leave a like and comment, also vote for me so I can will my first contest.
Thank you :D
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.