A creepy delicacy for your Kekri/Parentalia/Samhain/Halloween table.
Be careful though, this food is HEAVY!
This is not originally my recipe -no one actually knows who invented it- but I wanted to share the knowledge.
Too bad I didn't have a picture of a more successful specimen, the one pictured above suffered the curse of Porky(explained later).
Step 1: What you need
- Bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips...
- 2 eggs
- Salt, pepper, etc.
- A few cheddar slices(optional)
- Lots of hot sauce(optional)
- A couple of bowls for preparation and cooking
- Drinking tons of beer beforehand, makes taking pictures a living hell. You can also forget how to turn the flash back on.
- Wife, will nag you to death the next morning.
Step 2: Beginning the invocation
Then toss the meat in and add your desired seasoning. Dont be an idiot and pour the hot sauce directly from the bottle. I did. Lots of agony afterwards.
Start kneading the meat into a dough until it's all nice and smooth. Just like making a meat loaf. I didn't use breadcrumbs though.
Step 3: Preparing the altar
Overkill, dare I say.
Step 4: The conjuration
Then its time to put the thing in the oven. Let it bake for an hour in the middle rack of the oven in 175°C(~350°F).
IMPORTANT: Pray to Porky, the god of all things bacon, or you will fail miserably.