Introduction: Halloween Haunt 09
This is our Halloween Haunt for 2009. New props that I and my Sweetie constructed this year included the graveyard fence and pillars, spooky tree, tombstones, and giant spider. The tombstones I used a dremil on to cut out the wording from the foam they were constructed of. One tombstone is just a simple black cross that was made from two pieces of packing from a washer/dryer box. The Pillars where made with sheets of plywood, sheets of the same foam used for tombstones, black and gray spray paint, adhesive to attach the randomly cut out foam to look like stones and a cinder block inside to weigh them down to prevent anyone running into them and tipping over. The fence was made from 2by2 boards and pvc pipe that was all painted black. The dead vine that weaved through the fencing was from my pumpkin patch this year. The spooky tree was a dead tree we have left in our yard for over a year now. I will be finally cutting it down this year with all its decorations attached and then store it for haunts to come. The tree was painted black with spray paint; I used five, seventy five foot rolls of Christmas garland that I spray painted black. The trunk of the tree was wrapped with the black garland, the limbs on the top of the tree we used metal strapping that is used in shipping large boxes that my sweetie found rusting out in the woods where someone had pitched it. The strapping was cut into different lengths (about 6 pieces) and attached to the very top of the limbs to create a willow tree (drooping effect) that I then painted black, and attached the black garland to the straps of metal and to all of the limbs creating a dead spooky willow graveyard tree. I added a string of orange LED lights to the trunk. The giant spider's body was made from plywood and chicken wire attached with heavy staples. A small string of purple LED lights were clustered together and zip tied in the front for eyes. The whole body was covered with a fuzzy black piece of material. The spider's legs were constructed out of drainage pipe. The drainage pipe was cut at about a foot and then attached to the plywood, that way the 9 feet of each leg can be attached for display and easily removed for storage. The orange and black lights up the walkway are old canning jars covered with tissue paper and held with a rubber band. Flameless tea candles inside light them. The fog chiller was made from a plastic yellow cat litter box (painted black) that had been cut to make a intake and out, fitted with pvc piping, chicken wire layered for ice to sit on, small drainage holes in the bottom, that our little store bought fogger blew fog into and up and it chilled to created a greater effect of ground fog. That's it for our yard haunt 09'. We had so much fun creating all our new props! Lots of great ideas from the Instructables site! We can't wait to get started on some new ideas for next year! Happy Halloween everyone!