Step 1: Supplies
- Rice Krispie Treat = Rice Krispies Butter Marshamllows
- Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) = Marshmallows Water Powdered Sugar (optional jell-o for color and flavoring)
- Corn Syrup for "glue"
- Food coloring (What I used: black for cats and decorations for skulls, ghosts, and pumpkins; orange for pumpkins; green for pumpkin decorations) (You can use liquid or gel coloring. If you use liquid, I usually use that as a substitute for some of my water when I melt the marshmallows.)
- Crisco or Non Stick Spray (I use the spray) - to put on your hands while working with the rice krispie mix. It helps stop the marshmellowy mess from completely covering your hands.
- Pot for making Rice Krispie Mix
- Bowl for Rice Krispie Mix (if you leave it in the metal pot it will stick like crazy, I use nonstick spray on a glass or plastic bowl and transfer the mix while I'm shaping my treats)
- Silpat Mat or Similar Alternative (like usual, these are AWESOME when working with MMF)
- Halloween Cookie Cutters (I got these because there was a variety of shapes in one package and they were smaller than what I usually use; it seems like all my holiday rice krispie treats have been getting too big, these are perfect for personal sized snacks.)
- Pizza Cutter - everyone has one of these, but it is really nice to have for cutting strips with fondant
- Piping tips or something similar you can use to cut out small circles - I've used these for various decorating projects and they are just nice to have :)