Step 4: Drape and Sew Skirt.
- Fold the remaining silk right sides together, lengthwise, and sew down the open edge. This will create a long tube. Turn right side out.
- With the seam hidden on the inside, begin wrapping the tube of silk around the hips of the dress form.
- Leave the back loose. This will be gathered on the elastic.
- Bring the end of the tube up, pleating into the waist. Pin.
- Sew around the top edge of the skirt, though all layers of fabric paying special attention to the pleats.