Introduction: Hand-Free Crutches
One of the biggest problems in society is about physical health, because a person with disabilities has many limitations in their quality of life. Therefore, to facilitate the life of these people is that they created crutches, which are objects of support for the human body in case one of the lower limbs is damaged. The crutches usually transfer the weight that would normally receive the leg Damaged to the arm on the same side.
We seek to improve this invention so that the hands are not occupied when using the crutch. There is a type of crutch "Hand-Free", which, does the same job with the difference of not transferring the weight to the arms, but to the injured leg but without discomfort. In the commercial market there is only the IWalk 2.0 with a high price so we will learn to make one of these hand-free crutches at a low price.
Step 1: Get the Materials and Tools
- Sewing machine
- Electric welder (Cautín)
- Measuring tape
- 3 meters of 1/2" PVC
- 8 elbows of 1/2" PVC
- 4 "T" of 1/2" PVC
- 2 "T" of 3/4" PVC
- 10 screw with nuts
- Mesh 33,5cmx13,5cm
Step 2: Cut the Tubes
All measures depend on the size of the invalid person
- 2 pieces of 60cm
- 4 pieces of 10cm
- 8 pieces of 3cm
- 2 pieces of 30cm
Step 3: Sew the Mesh
- Sew the mesh between the two 30cm pieces in paralel, using a sewing machine or needle and thread.
Step 4: Hollow and Screw
- In the tubes of 60cm:
- 20cm below the maximun height
- 10cm below the maximun heigh
- In the tubes of 30cm:
- 2cm below the maximun height
- In the "T" of 3/4" PVC:
- 2cm inserted from the end of each entry
- The "T" of 3/4" PVC with 30cm tubes
- If you want to help the mesh staying in the tube, you may hollow anywhere on the tube and screw it.
Step 5: Join All the Pieces
For the top and the base: (4 tubes of 3cm, 2 of 10cm,4 elbows and 2 "T") each piece
- Stick with terokal the pieces to form a square
For the mesh and the stand: (the mesh,
- Simply insert each "T" in each tube of 60cm and screw the size you want
- To improve stability of the base you can add rubber sticking it
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Can you insert a picture/video of the device being used? I am having trouble understanding it's use. Is this for someone who has injured the lower part of the leg?