Step 1: Supplies
- Instant Coffee - I know this may offend some purists, but the thicker you can make your paint the better it will work, and instant coffee is the quick way to achieve that. And it still tastes more like coffee than food coloring, so that's a win.
- Brushes and Toothpicks - These are FOOD ONLY, so don't pull a brush out of your oil painting kit.
- Template - I've included mine, it should print 8.5x11 with each design square being 2 inches.
- Scissors or other cutting device - again, this is for food only
- Ruler - A kitchen ruler is a good idea, but if you don't have one be sure to use a clean ruler that hasn't been with dangerous art supplies
- White Frosting - I used frosting from a can so I didn't post a picture, mostly because you didn't need photographic proof that I didn't have time to make the real thing.
- A Baked Good To Decorate - I went with brownies because they're classic and a nice compliment to the coffee flavor!