1. Cannot afford a cordless or corded drill, but still need to drill holes and build things.
2. Need to drill quietly because of roommates, sleeping spouse, etc.
3. Necessary to have lightweight, portable drilling capability.
4. Need to hold the wood while you use a hand drill. Traditional hand-cranked drills require 2 hands to use.
5. No access to electricity, ie: an emergency situation or out in the field, but still need to drill
6. Environmentally conscious; uses no electricity
This one is a slightly downgraded version of my first hand drill:
- Screwdriver (can buy them for 99 cents at Home Depot)
- Ryobi Speedload Titanium 1/8 in drill bit; Home Depot SKU: 773939
- Cable ties (can buy at Home Depot or 99 cent store)
- Duct tape (available at Home Depot)
- Rubber bands (preferably the thicker ones)
- Wire cutter (not shown)