- Planning the construction (Step1)
- The handmade shade (Step2+3)
- The electronic circuit for driving 3W LEDs with the ATmega8 controller (Step4)
- The Code (Step5)
- How to get it stand-alone (flash the Arduino bootloader with PonyProg and burn the sketch) (Step6) coming soon
Vid: Some Impressions
Pic1: The Moodlamp
Pic2: A mighty 3W LED
Step 1: Planning the construction:
On the first sheet you see some early ideas. "I chose the bottom-right design.
The second page shows some details for the construction.
measurements are experimental like each time, but ok for me ;-)
My hardware thoughts were:
- Can I handle the materials?
- Will the light shine through the shade?
- What proportion should it have?
- How many knobs and pots will I need for a simple interface?
My software thoughts were:
How many different functions should the lamp have?
- Automatic RGB fading with changeable speed
- Manual color adjustment
- White with adjustable brightness