Introduction: Handheld Electronic Starting Mechanism
Do you want a way to start any components without hurting yourself in the process? Follow this instructable on how to make an electronic starting mechanism.
Step 1: What You Need
For this project you will need;
1. An old Tic-tac Big Pac container.
2. A pressure switch.( I got mine from an old AES security box)
3.A nine-volt battery
4. A nine-volt battery holder.
Step 2: The Setup
1. Get your Tic-tac container and take off the lid and the lables.
2. Work with your pressure switch until you get it to fit over top of the box securely.
3. Attach 1 of the wires from the switch to the negative lead of the battery terminal.
4. Tuck the wires inside the box.
5. Now connect the battery to its holder.
6. While pressing the switch in and touching the wires together you should get small sparks that show you the starter works.
7. Now that the starter works you can tape the battey wherever on the box.
Step 3: The Finished Product
Now that you have the starting mechanism finished have fun setting off model rockets, fireworks, ect.
Step 4: Troubleshooting
If you assemble your starter and it does not work do not get frustrated and break it. Instead take it apart and make sure all of your components are properly attached. But if it still doesnet work you may need to get a working battery or a new pressure switch.