Introduction: Handless Clock.
Hi all, this is my first Instructable, the first thing I've to say is ....
sorry about my English , I'm from Spain and i speak a little but, I'm not an englishman.
with a old bedroom clock, some cardboard recycled from a cereal box, an few tools iv'e made this "curious" clock
Step 1: Gather Materials
Simple and cheap:
List of materials:
- A little clock
- some cardboard ( from a cereal box better, the one I've used is too thick)
- a ruler
- x-acto and cutter
- heavy paper, one picture... anything you want to the front of the clock
- adhesive paper
- a template counterclockwise for hours , mins, and secs.( The mine is attached)
Step 2: The Beginning
- Take apart the clock and measure it to get the proper size of the disks.
- Print the template in the adhesive paper making the "hours disk" shigtly smaller than your clock.(scaling in the same way the other two)
- stick it on the cardboard and cut it
-make a little hole in the center of the disks
Step 3: Continue
take apart the hands of the clock an glue it to the disks, and make the hole on the cardboard equal to the hole of the hands.
depending of your clock maybe you have to cut the seconds hand and keep only the center ( as my case)
I don't want to use the alarm, so the hand of the alarm is not used
and put the disks in the clock ( hours, minutes and seconds) taking care to align well all the disks to 12:00.
Step 4: Finishing
Take the heavy paper , picture .... and cut it to the same size of the clock's glass.
Cut a window, leaving a little in the middle uncutted (Template attached), to use the template stick it in the middle of the heavy board circle.
re-assemble the clock with the little gap aligned to 12:00.
Step 5: Use It!!!
Put the battery , set it in hour and enyoy it.
there are many modifications to do, put a led inside.. another version with alarm....
Thank's for reading
Any comments are welcome