It's a pair rings of screw and nut. Perfect for DIYers, and perfect fits for lovers. The idea comes from A Perfect Fit. The original is from Kiley Granberg. The original rings are made from 24-karat gold, starting about $2,500!
Don't worry, if you don't have that much money like me, I've made an alternative costs only about 25 cents. And if you're handy enough, it won't take you more than 15 mins.
OK, let's get started. Valentine's Day is not far away.
Step 1: What You Need?
- 1 x Brass screw and nut, #6, available from hardware store.
- #14 copper wire, 6" long. I took a ground wire from the #14 cable.
- solder iron and solder (avoid Pb, use lead-free solder. Thanks worldgnat)
- steel wool, hammer, pliers
Step 2: Make the Bands
- Hammer the ends a little bit. Polish with steel wools.
- Pre-dip with solder for easy assembly later.
You need one for you and another one for your couple.
Step 3: Modify the Nut and Screw
- Cut the screw to around 5mm long.
- Slot the nut half deep
With a triangle file,
- file V shape slots on both nut and screw head.
- Pre-dip the V slots.
Step 4: Solder, and Done!
Happy Valentine's Day!