NOTE: This is entirely functional, not to display my jeans. This saves lots of time because I don't have to match up inseams and hang on a hanger. Also, other things can be hung from the carabiner as well (backpack, jacket, etc).
Step 1: Gather Materials
- The polypropylene webbing can be purchased here. I used the 1.5" webbing for this project and purchased 11' in case I wanted to make another later. Cost of webbing (including shipping) was only $4.94 USD ($0.22 per foot + S&H)
- I purchased my carabiner from EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) for $6.45 USD (student discount). I could have opted for a cheaper one; however, I liked the colors of this carabiner and I felt as if this was the main part of the project. This is the carabiner I used, just in a different color.
- Epoxy -- I had some lying around; therefore, I didn't have to purchase any.
- 3M Command adhesive strips, ~ $3 USD
- Expended gift card
- Permanent Marker (optional)
Step 2: Cut Webbing
When the desired length is determined, cut the webbing with a sharp pair of scissors. Use a lighter to quickly fuse the freshly cut end as to prevent fraying.