Buying equipment was not an option since this was crying out for DIY free or at least cheap solutions.
Thinkenstein brought me to try out his hanging sprout jars:
The jars with the screen in the lid work pretty well, but the hanging-version included a little too much wire bending for me. I´m really lazy. Also I wanted some detachable solution for an easier cleaning of the jars.
So here is what I came up with after thinking about it for a while:
A rubber holder with a keyring for easy handling
- one size fits different (sizes of) jars or can be custom build for larger or smaller jars
- easy to attach and to remove for cleaning
- easily adaptable for hanging the jars upright or upside down
- built in minutes
- no special tools needed, only some scissors
Step 1: Tools and materials
- a piece of bicycle inner tube
- (optional) keyrings
- (optional) hooks