I wanted something simple yet pretty that could easily hold earrings and necklaces. This project takes about an hour, and can be customized in dozens of ways. The way I've done it is very basic.
Plus, you might just have all the materials around your house! Hooray!
(And thanks to Jace for taking pretty late night finished product pictures for me!)
Step 1: What you need:
- a large piece of cardboard, single ply
- a utility knife with a new blade
- a quilting ruler or something similar
- a cutting mat or a thicker piece of cardboard to cut on
- some scrap cotton fabric - I used an unbleached muslin
- a pen for marking
- scissors for cutting fabric
- Fabri-tac glue or something similar - anything that dries fast and can bond paper and fabric!