Step 1: Getting started tools and supplies
You may need help from family and friends to collect enough cans.
Supplies you'll need are:
- Drink cans
- Fabric scraps
- Needle & thread
- Glossy acrylic paints for "bodies," assorted colors (Depending on how your dressing your people)
- Flat Paints for flesh tones - beige, browns, pinks etc...
- Tacky glue
- Glue gun (remember don't let the kids use without supervision)
- Yarns, cotton balls etc... (Anything that would make hair. Use your imagination. Almost anything will do.)
- Googly eyes assorted sizes
- Permanent Markers for outlining
- Old lip-sticks for cheek color (blush)
Step 2: Remove tabs and bend cans
To get the shape of the body, bend the cans slightly underneath the can opening.
Your can person will look as though they are bending at the waist with their mouths wide open.
Step 3: Painting
Paint clothes on each can according to your theme. Theme ideas could be boy scouts, girls scouts, sports, choirs-singers, and other endless ideas.
Paint the top of the cans a flesh tone.
If you would like to add hands, be sure to paint them in. We'll add fingers with a marker later on.