Step 1: Some Suggestions
# 6 or 7 font.
Printed favorite sections from the book because the font would be smaller.
Added art work for some of the pages.
Add some tiny charms.
Step 2: Supplies
1 Harry Potter book pages print out. I used popular quotes from the book.
1 String or chain to wear.
1 Floppy disk plastic tab.
1 Paper clip.
1 Card stock paper scrap. About the thickness of a business card.
Clear packaging tape
2 Sided tape.
Writing pen or marker.
Paper for printing.
Cardboard for work area.
Step 3: Tools
Glue G. or craft glue.
Step 4: Print
- Remove the black tab from the floppy disk.
- Take a picture from a page that has thumbnails of Harry Potter books.
- Print the book / books you want to make. You may need to re-size it to fit the black tab.
- Print the book pages you want to put in the book. I cut and pasted online quotes into word pad and printed them out. http://quotations.about.com/od/harrypotterquotations/a/harrypotter1.htm
- Cut out the book ( print out ) larger than the outline of the book.
- Stick a piece of the 2 sided tape to the center of the backside of the book.
- Stick this to a counter-top so it will stay in place while you tape the face of it..
- Place a piece of the clear packaging tape over the face of the book.
- Cut out the book the size of the black tabs.
- From the card stock paper cut one piece slightly larger than the black tab.
- Stick a piece of the 2 sided tape to the center back of the cutout to hold it in place while you tape the face of it.
- Stick a piece of the clear packaging tape over the cut out.
- Cut the page to fit the black tab.
Step 5: Glue Paper Clip
- Glue the card stockcut out piece to the back of the black tab carefully. Make sure the pages are not glued together.
- While this is drying . . . .
- Draw a small circle on the card stock paper that will be used to cover the paper clip.
- Stick the clear packaging tape over the top of the circle.
- Cut it out.
- Glue the paper clip to the corner (of the back of the black tab making sure you glue it to the correct corner so the book will open in the correct direction.)
- Glue the circle over the paper clip.
- Allow to dry completely before proceeding.
Step 6: Glue Book
Allow to dry.
Meanwhile it is time to mark and cut out the book pages.
Step 7: Mark and Cut
- Mark the pages of the book using the black tab as a guide.
- Cut out the strips as shown.
- Fan fold the pages slightly smaller than the book.
- Carefully glue the end of the strip to the inside front page.
- Allow to completely dry then
- Refold the pages so they fit inside the book.
Step 8: Cut String
String the chain or string through the loop of the paper clip.
That is all there is to making a book necklace.
Step 9: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts