The arm is moved using a lever in the back and the wand is lit up with a 3mm LED. As the lever is pushed in it strikes the inside surface closing the circuit, thus turning on the light. I used conductive fabric for the contact points of the switch and conductive thread running between the LED, switch and battery. Alternatively, you could use conductive paint, tape or regular wire. The template is available in the next step as a pdf file, print full size on 8 1/2 by 11 (Letter) card stock.
Step 1: What you will need
- Scissors/utility knife
- Papercraft model pdf (see below)
- Cardstock and printer
Step 2: Cut
- Begin by cutting out each of the pieces from the template.
- Arms: cut slots along the dotted line, there are two on the right (wand) arm and one on the left.
- Head: cut the two side slots on the bottom flap as well as the one at the base of the back of the neck, follow the dotted lines.
- Torso: Cut along the dotted lines -two slots on the top and one at the back. Cut out the circle, and the curved slot on the side.
- Connecting pieces: fold the connecting pieces in half and cut along the dotted line part way down from the top and up from the bottom.