The leader running base will need:
- A ball of natural cord, string or twine.
- Scissors (to cut the string).
- A roll of masking tape and a pen.
- (Optional) Sandpaper
- (Optional) Files or sandpaper files.
- (Optional) Enough small, sharp knives for the size of the group.
You will also need to check out the site: if there are no sources of wand-sized twigs, you will need to gather enough twigs for the Cubs at the camp, plus extras for the inevitable requests from adult helpers who would quite like a wand for themselves or their younglings. When collecting twigs, pay careful attention to the campsite rules and be respectful of the woodland environment. Do not cut branches or twigs from trees without permission, and never rip them off. Collect them from dead trees or fallen branches.