Another thing I discovered - hot glue now comes in glitter sticks! I found some at the dollar store and also got some longer Mod Podge brand ones when I purchased the letter mold. The kids are using these up fast but today I managed to do a little experimenting of my own and came up with these simple sparkly hashtag dangly earrings.
Step 1: Make a Mold and Squish It in a Glob.
Next, squeeze a glob of glue in a contrasting glitter color onto your silicone sheet. I used a penny underneath the mat as a guide. You should count how many pumps of hot glue you use to make your circle because you will want to recreate an identical circle for your other earring.
Before this glob dries (do one at a time) gently press your hashtag into it making sure not to touch the glob with your fingers. Let this dry and do one more.
Step 2: Add Earring Hardware.
(Next time I might just embed the jump rings into the medallion in the previous step, but this way works too.)
Step 3: Some More Ideas...
• If your silicone sheet is see-through, you can place a paper with an image or your own doodles underneath to use as a template.
• If you're having a hard time finding silicone sheets for crafting, check the bakeware section of of your local store. They sometimes have silicone pans, potholders, cutting mats, cupcake molds, etc.
• After you make a glob and let it dry, you can cut it into other shapes like squares or triangles or hearts.
• You can also press other objects into your globs of hot glue - buttons, coins, miniature plastic figures, gemstones... the possibilities are endless.
• You can turn your creations into pendants, pins, magnets, and more!
If this Instructable inspires you to make your own please share your pics to inspire others. And if you enjoyed this post please click on the tab at the top and vote for it in the Glitter, Hot Glue, and Earrings contests. Thanks!