Time: 1 hour
Tools: Adobe Photoshop
Step 1: Summary of Steps
1. Creating Perspective
2. Creating contrast and darkening the image
3. Adding a stormy sky
4. Adding a light in the attic
5. Creating fog
6. Distressing the exterior of the house
7. Sharpening the final image
Step 2: Creating Perspective
1. On the top menu go to Edit>Transform>Perspective
2. Slide the top corners towards the center so that the house appears narrower at the top.
3. Crop the image accordingly.
Step 3: Contrast and Brightness
1. Below the Layers tab, click on the box for "New Fill Layer" and choose "Black and White." This will create a black and white copy of the image in a layer above the original.
2. Select this layer and choose blending mode, "Multiply." This blending mode deletes parts of the image according to their color. For example, a 100% white pixel is deleted completely, and a 100% black pixel is left along. A gray pixel halfway between black and white will be made 50% opaque. This results in a unique effect that dramatically changes the images colors and mood.
3. Adjust the color sliders according to your image and taste.