Introduction: Haunted Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
Make the scrumptious Pumpkin Spice cupcakes:
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1. Sift together and whisk the first group of ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the second group of ingredients.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
4. Lastly, whisk in the pumpkin puree.
5. After lining your cupcake pan with cupcake papers, fill them three-quarters with batter.
Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes until they spring back when lightly pressed.
Make the delectable Cream Cheese frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, room temp
8 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
2 cups confectioner's sugar, sifter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and incorporated.
2. Gradually add the sugar and finally the vanilla.
3. Tint frosting pale orange by adding red and yellow food coloring until you reach the desired shade. Add only one drop at a time.
Make the haunted chocolate decorations:
Find some clip-art images that would look good piped in chocolate. Print them out using Word or some other computer program. Make sure you have printed enough designs so you end up having one design for each cupcake.
Tape the papers to a countertop. Tape wax paper (or acetate sheets, if you happen to have them) over the designs.
Pipe melted, but tempered chocolate over the designs. If the chocolate is tempered, they should be hard and ready to place on the cupcakes within minutes.